What is Forum for Autism?
ORUM FOR AUTISM is a duly registered association under the ‘The Societies Registration Act, (1860) and a Charitable Trust under The Bombay Public Trust Act (1950).
What does the Forum do?
The aims and objects of the Society are to improve facilities for diagnosis, education, training and rehabilitation of persons with Autism Related Developmental Disorders) and for this purpose, to undertake various activities including:
- To run clinics and centers for education and therapy of persons with autism
- To run vocational training centers and sheltered workshops for children and adults with autism
- To aid and assist existing special education centers and to start & establish units for the education and therapy of children and adults with autism
- To take measures for training in methods of working with children and adults, with autism, to special education teachers, therapists, volunteers and Professionals
- To develop models of ‘care within family’, ‘foster care homes’, ‘group homes’ and ‘residential institutions for respite care and/or lifelong care of persons with AARDD.
- To prepare schemes for securing financial needs and necessities of persons with AARDD
- To compile details of available services from time to time on the subject and matters relating to AARDD
- To disseminate information based on research to parents, guardians, teachers and professionals, on methods of prevention, early identification and Management of children with AARDD
- To work in coordination with any society, institution, association, having similar aims and objects